Friday, November 21, 2008

Reunion Tour 2008

Back at the house that was built on a sandy foundation maybe 40 years ago.

A short blonde head talks to me about "Goo and guts." My mind is in another place though.
It's as fragmented as the water that pours from the sky as rain and I wish it would puddle to give me some kind of reflection but it won't.
This is supposed to be a bad storm. The rain hits the pavement with intention and aggression.

Why the fuck am I here?

I can't really tell you.

It is nice to see some people that I have missed for quite some time. It is nice to see the ocean. It is nice to surprise people.
But there are other things too, certain doors that are better not to knock on and to let be.

A lot of kids from high school bum me out. Friends with kids, strapped for cash, and the listless problems of being married at 20.
Thats a hard reality pill to swallow.

I could move a couple of things around and be in New York for dinner tomorrow.

My life doesn't make sense.

I am afraid I am becoming the people I used to hate. I don't have an attention span for anything mildly uninteresting. Arrogance comes out of my mouth without knowing it sometimes. " I don't have time for that." "Are they paying me?"

That is how my days run.
Soon enough I'll be able to buy out the sky and make the call on when it rains too.

Just watch me.

No comments: