I remember being a small child. I remember the adult sized medium purple and yellow Laker's jacket my mother bought for me at Sears. It was like wearing a full body suit. I would play on the swings at my elementary school, with the zipper pulled up to my nose and the hood strapped down gripping my shaggy brown hair. I pretended to be flying like my dad.
I moved away when I was half way through the third grade. I loved a girl named Katie. She was awesome. I was a very quiet child and never had any gull to speak to her. Then two years passed and I came back to visit my elementary school. I came back to see those swings, to see the rocket I would scale, and to see Katie. The rocket seemed much less grandiose, the swings seemed less like slingshots into the atmosphere, and Katie seemed much more plain.
Hold on Keep going
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thank you.
Post a Comment